Email Validation by restricting a domain

hello there,
I am currently working over a project which requires 2 validations on email, the first is the email availability of already registered email in database and other is to check whether every email address contains domain name for e.g abcd@iobm.edu.pk, @iobm.edu.pk is the domain name and it should be check that users with this email can only register otherwise it gives the message of ‘Inavlid email address’. I have successfully implemented my first requirement through the steps in the manual however i am struggling with the second requirement where i want to suffix and restrict ‘@iobm.edu.pk’ as my domain. kindly let me know what statement or rule should i be using.

EmailSuffix.php

<?php namespace App\Validation\Rules; use App\Models\User; use Respect\Validation\Rules\AbstractRule; class EmailSuffix extends AbstractRule { public function validate($input){ return User::where('email', $input)-> } } //in the above code i need to return a value which checks the domain name and here i am confused. EmailSuffixException.php <?php namespace App\Validation\Exceptions; use Respect\Validation\Exceptions\ValidationException; class EmailAvailableException extends ValidationException { public static $defaultTemplates = [ self::MODE_DEFAULT => [ self::STANDARD => 'Email is invalid', ], ]; }

Maybe combine the existing validation with some other validators like EndsWith:

e.g. v::endsWith('@iobm.edu.pk') or Regex or
or the custom callback validator.

Thankyou so much Odan. v::endsWith worked for me! :slightly_smiling_face: