An article about Slim 4 for a french magazine

Hello, I wrote a small article to present Slim 4, for a french magazine.

I’d like to add:

• some benchmarks
  • comparisons with other routers (including Laravel, Symphony, FastRoute, etc.)
  • migrations notes (from Slim 3, or from pure php)
  • roadmap

Do you know if I can find those elements somewhere?

Thx, Th.

Il n’y a presque aucune chance de rencontrer une personne impolie ici, c’est pourquoi tu n’a pas eu de réponse jusqu’à présent, mais malheureusement je suis de mauvaise humeur ce soir :unamused:. Donc:

Neither Slim, Laravel nor Symfony are routers, but frameworks.
Actually FastRoute is a router.

Briefly maybe you’re not just ready to write this kind of articles, although it would be certainly worth of consideration. On the other hand also very challenging - France is the homeland of “infallible” Fabien Potencier :grinning:

Greetings from Belgium.

1 Like

Yes of course, they are frameworks. Bad word sorry.

I’d say the 2 main features are the router and the middleware system. Am I right? And the PSR-7-11-15 support.

Do I have any chance to find road maps or benchmarks?

Actually, I can share a first draft of my article (in french) if someone likes to check. This is only an introduction.

Th.

Yes of course, they are frameworks. Bad word sorry.

Don’t confuse frameworks with micro-frameworks.
You could earn a big ****storm if your compare apples and oranges.

I’d say the 2 main features are the router and the middleware system

This applies only for micro-frameworks, like Slim.
This doesn’t apply for full-fledged frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP etc.

Am I right? And the PSR-7-11-15 support.

Sorry, no. Laravel and Symfony are not based on PSR-7/11/15.

Actually, I can share a first draft of my article (in french) if someone likes to check. This is only an introduction.

You can send it to me for a “review” if you like.

PS: Do you really feel fit and informed enough to write an article on this topic?

1 Like

Actually, there is a tiny correction that needs to be applied.
Since version 3.4 Symfony’s ContainerInterface extends PSR ContainerInterface - thus it does implement PSR11 (with a whole respect for odan’s knowledge :slightly_smiling_face: )

1 Like

This applies only for micro-frameworks , like Slim.
This doesn’t apply for full-fledged frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP etc.

I know @odan! My question was about Slim, not Laravel/Symphony. I mean, the 2 main features of Slim are Router and middleware.

You can send it to me for a “review” if you like.

Can I send it to you by email?

Do you really feel fit and informed enough to write an article on this topic?

Maybe, maybe not. It is get started small article. Read it and tell me if I am enought. Overwise, I’ll be happy to add things.

1 Like

Indeed :slight_smile: Since Symfony 3.3 / 3.4 the Symfony Container extends the PSR ContainerInterface.

Yes :slight_smile: Here you can find my contact information: About | Daniel Opitz - Blog

Actually after a while of reflection, it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to write such an article (especially for a french magizine :yum:) but to do it really properly some serious assistance is required.
If you declare to lead this and thierryler accept to put the rest of names in a header, I will participate it with pleasure.

1 Like

Hello @tj_gumis Do you want to review what I allready wrote ?

I really admire your enthusiasm, believe me I do, because personally a I am really one of the biggest fun of Slim, but what you’re going to do is certainly huge challenge and certainly it requires a participation of somebody fare more experienced and competent than me. Well written article as I said especially in French magazine could be unbelievably valuable for small Slim European community but it’s so easy to f… it up and in this case you can make just damages.
What is more important, if well written, such an article could be translated and published in various places.

So to answer your question, no I am not because I do not believe it should be written just by you alone
and on the other hand I am not enough competent. Please do not take it wrong.

No problemo @tj_gumis :slight_smile:

Any help will be welcome. I am not a PHP/Splim expert but I can learn… I like Slim and I really think that readers will like it too.

It is really hard to write an article for a (paper) magazine. I can use 8 (maybe 10) pages.

The review is done. If someone else wants to review, juste tell me…

Can i ask which french magazine ?
Greetings from France ! :tada:

Easy, there is only one : Programmez